Labels: ABS, AFRICA BRIDAL SHOW 2012, EVENTS WE ATTEND
With over 40 exhibitors, African Bridal Show (ABS) presents the ultimate traditional wedding exhibition. Born out of the desire of its founders to celebrate the beauty and uniqueness of the African Culture, ABS aims to be a truly unique one-stop-shop African traditional wedding exhibition.
Dedicated to highlighting the traditional aspects of an African wedding, ABS not only aims to increase the varieties and options available for every Afro Caribbean bride to be, but are also passionate about providing exposure for African wedding service providers in order to broaden their business horizon!
Offering unprecedented splendour in all services and products to do with African cultural weddings in all its glory, ABS ensures that brides need no more feel that the quality of their traditional wedding has been diluted due to it not being in their home country or not having the specific services they need.
Taking place at the luxurious Hallam Conference Centre, London’s newest and finest conference venue, this FREE event, can not be missed!
Look forward to:
Traditional attire suppliers
Traditional attire designers Make up and Beauty
Cakes, Sweets and savouries
Traditional Invitations Photography
Time: Sat 4th Aug 2012, 11:30am – 6pm
Venue: Hallam Conference Centre, 44 Hallam Street, London W1W 6JJ
Ticket Prices: Free
Visitor Registration: www.africanbridalshow-eorg.eventbrite.co.uk
Exhibitor Registration: http://official.africanbridalshow.com/exhibitors-registration-form.html
Tel: 07903 877 155 or 07940 936 397
Labels: ASOS AFRICA KITENGE PRINTS, ASOS AFRICAN INPIRED COLLECTION, Asos Lipstick Pendant Necklace, FASHION WE LOVE, FASHION WE ROCK
Kitenge prints are the new additions to ASOS Africa this 2012. This three year old sub-line from the e-tail giant is revamping and changing traditional wax print to give them a modern twist and incorporation of all spring trends like pencil and midi skirts, peplum detail, micro shorts, crop top and tunics.
The concepts for these prints are to convey a mood and a meaning through color and pattern. The range is all about clashing prints and geometric panels. Another trend that is within this collection is neon colours, you can see a spectrum of acid lime turquoise and lilac contrasting with black and white sections.
The range, is made in conjunction with Soko and several small African communities. For each Asos Africa garment sold £5 goes to help the building of Soko’s new workshop and is match funded by the Asos Foundation.
Last June Michelle Obama wore an Asos Africa top on her visit to the continent.
See more of the collection below;
To shop for this collection, go to http://www.asos.com/Women/A-To-Z-Of-Brands/Asos-Africa/Cat/pgecategory.aspx?cid=15683
Labels: FASHION WE LOVE, FASHION WE ROCK, NIGERIAN DESIGNERS ABROAD, Nkili, SCOTTISH DESIGNERS
Creative Director behind the brand, Tolani Nkili Onajide was raised in Lagos, London and Oxford. NKILI meaning ‘Seeing Beautiful Things’ is a women’s luxury shirt making brand, focusing on highlighting the single most important garment in a wardrobe- the shirt.
Nkili’s Spring/Summer 2012 collection was influenced by one of the leading modern architects; Ludwig Mies Van der Rohe’s minimalist design style. Adopting the less is more approach, Nkili’s shirts are highlighted in its purest form without distraction, the progressive beauty and craft can be seen.
We totally LOVE.
All shirts and Scarves are hand crafted in Scotland by NKILI.
See more and shop this collection here - http://www.nkili.com/shop
PHOTO CREDITS: www.afriversal.com
Labels: COOL KIDS, GLAM EYE WATCH, LIFE AS WE KNOW IT, Swag Kids
Yes I said it. These kids are REALLY REALLY COOL.
When I first saw the article, while opening it all that was on my mind was this kids had better be REALLY COOL. And then it opened and I kept scrolling down. These pictures will make you go awww oooo aaaah....
I totally love kids and just thought to share how each picture made me feel.
PHOTO CREDITS - www.buzzfeed.com
1. With his legs apart, see how serious he looks. Into the second camera or maybe his mum telling how to pose.
2. Where's my food? I'm keeping it cool o
4. Someone is on some cool holiday.
5. And someone is enjoying her cool holiday.
6. Someone is not smiling. This picture has to be fierce.
7. Bad boy for life!!!
8. Is this the young Reese Witherspoon?
9. Vintage babies from the 50s
10. Don't you just love her smile and the way she puts her leg out.
11. Oi young professor, why so naughty?
12. COOL BOY SWAG
13. Me and my sister are cool like that.
14. Love Love Love her dots nerd glasses
15. Her dress and hair ROCK!!!
16. Ah! Busta Busta Baby.....
17. Love her tees and rolled up sleeves.
18. My daddy cool and I am cool too.Cooler than my big brother.
19. NO O! I didn't do it.
20. I'm cooler than Madonna
21. AH AH! This is a red carpet cool pose.
22. Mehn these kids be rocking this cool nerdy glasses
23. I'm too old for this bunny gloves pls.
25. Slide pose? Ok, you are a kid. It's allowed.
26. Col shirt, cool cap, cool glasses, cool fingers, everything cool.
27. Uber cool.
28. Helloooo Lil Lil Wayne
29. Sweet November
30. Awww look at his bow-tie
31. Awww cute smile. Check out her handbag na.
32. Hahaha... My friend! That's mummy's shoes.
33. You think you are cool? Check out my skateboard
34. Love the tees. 198 what? Oh pls....
35. You know those on the street pictures of celebs? This girl is one of them.
36. Mini Chris Brown
37. On my swate to ballet class. No I'm not too young to start
38. Headed to the offfice. Okay, that's my mind. Mum says church
39. Cool cap and jacket bruv.
40. Vintage mixed with modern swag... Love her bun.
41. NO! I'm cooler than her
42. We run the cool kids on the street
43. Young Brad Pitt?
44. LOL... Too cute
45. Hello... Johnny Depp aint cool. I am.
46. Coool Skateboard babes
47. Oh yes I sing to Miley Cyrus in my room
48. Teenswag.com That's where I hang out
49. Err cowgirl without the hat but with my glasses
50. Happppppy........ This place is COOL.
|SO ARE THEY NOT COOLER THAN YOU? |
You Will Love
Most Popular Posts This Week
Powered by Blogger.