24th March, a date i can never forget.
No matter what i do,where ever i go or how old i become, that's a date i can never forget and this years' 24th march is one years' 24th march i will always remember,the year i turned 24. If you know me very well you will know this is also the year i look the age people guess...When i was 22 someone said i looked 24 though another person said i looked 18(i guess he was just trying to make me feel good so he can lure his way to see my panties,trust me i blushed at first but something just told me,oh shazz! get over that cheap flattery).....
I have been through my share of ups and downs over the years,but this is the year i started my company,i became a CEO *BIG SMILES*. Honestly,i knew i would be in this situation one day,but i always thought it would be earlier,you know the whole teenage dream of,i finish school at 20,get work experience for a year then start up my business and before i know it i will own a company,then i will get married to my prince charming,my own Edward Cullen...but life isn't as easy as we think it is,even @ 24 i know i haven't even started,more responsibilities will come up....anyways,back to being 24. Life is so unpredictable,we can plan for the best but everything unfolds itself with time.
This is the year i took a stand,took my plan as a project and not just a dream,put it in paper,prayed over it and told God it is in his hands....But the best decision i have made so far this year is establishing my company "LA MAISON SHAZZLE LTD" that's House of Shazzle.....I am learning more about myself and life,life has taught me alot of lessons,life for these past 24years has taught me to appreciate the things and people i used to overlook back in those days...but most importantly i am learning that i am growing up and am responsible for my every action.
I have lost my train of thoughts somewhere between these years but it has being a great and best 24years,couldn't wish for any better,the things i have done,the people i got to meet and know,the places i have been,and the love i have shared and lost....the controversies i caused,the lies i told,the truth that made me better,the exams i failed,i appreciate them all....so i decided to do 24 major things that has happened to me that makes me the 24 year old DEEVA. Pls try not to be negative,just enjoy my experiences so you can understand what life has being teaching me.
1. I was born into the best family...my father may not be Trump and my mother may not be Queen Elizabeth therefore i don't have rich siblings but my family is the best thing in my life...I love them all(4brothers and 2sisters) and i don't or ever wish i was born into the Princess Diana family.
2. I went to a boarding school,that means i drank garri with bathing bucket water and slept on bunks and the floor sometimes.
3. I have been on a reality show...e no easy oh! spent 4weeks locked in a house with girls i never met from anywhere,lived on limited food and drinks and shared my life to people i didn't know that were watching and that's was how i lost my freedom.
4. I graduated University with a second class(upper division), i hold a diploma and am a member of an institute,i wish i have done my masters by now but i would want to do that abroad because i spent my whole educational years in Nigeria,i need change.
5. I have been for over 3 beauty pageants and done like 2 0r 3 runways, i always ended as first runner up or second runner up so i gave that up because i realised that wasn't my path...i realised my part in a beauty pageant show is the part where i style the contestant/models.
6. I represented my high school in an All games competition twice where i played Javelin,basketball and volleyball,outside my state...an kind of turned me into a tomboy which i later outgrew.
7. I have spent 2nights in the most expensive hotel in the world in Dubai,of course i didn't pay....dated a guy that loved to have a nice time....and while i was there i was told Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt were lodged there at the moment but i never saw them....oh! dinner was always fun because it was under the ocean.
8. Am i boring you? Yeah that's one of the things i do too, i have written so many many stuff,from poem to diary to write-ups to notes and now to blogging.
9. I went to England when i was 2 but cant even remember anything,for the past 10yrs i have been dreaming of visiting again.
10. I met with MKO Abiola,that's when i was 7,my dad was his presidential flag bearer so he bought us chocolate but i can't even remember what he looked like then,thank God for pictures.
11. I have been in situation where my father couldn't afford to feed us, we had to drink garri to school and have boiled yam for dinner,that's going from grace to grass. yeah i have been there.
12. I have had a boyfriend that beat me up, i locked him in the cell,he knelt down begging to be released and when he was release,he apologised and even promise that he will never beat any woman again.
13. I have fallen in infatuation before,that i even put his name and photos on facebook and when we broke up i had to bear the pains.
14. I have met a girl that i love soooo much as a sister and she has being a very good friend though she's older than me.
15. I lost my virginity in a wrong way..too much info? Well! we all cant be virgins....
16. I haven't gotten married,never planned to at age24 though.....
17. Lost a very dear friend,lost my grandpa,lost a cousin and don't wish to loose any other person.
18. I have visited the motherless,mad people,and old peoples home severally and have given to the needy because i have felt what it feels like to have no food to eat.
19. I have partied,been to bars and nightclubs with friends and relatives and even gotten drunk but never went home with the wrong person.
20. I have met friends both male and females,some i met in high school,some in university and some just along life's journey and i have built walls for them not to hold them but to see who can break them.
21. I have a grandmother who is 98years and still knows me by my voice even though she is loosing sight.
22. I have appeared on the cover of my university social magazines and posters,done a few modeling jobs...
23. I live as a celebrity,a star that i am where people see me and call my name and say hi(though nobody has asked for autograph,but soon they will)..
24. I have a best friend and he's a guy,we made a deal to get married if we are both 30 and none of us is married...you know what they say-marry your best friend.
These are just one of the few things life has taught me and i hope to learn more as the years go by....
24 YEARS AND 24 THINGS
24th March, a date i can never forget.